Masks & Cough Etiquette
When coughing or sneezing...
- —Masks are available for purchase at hospital shops and vending machines
Smoking is prohibited throughout the Shinanomachi Campus and Keio University Hospital. As regulated by Shinjuku ward, smoking is prohibited on all streets, and smokers must avoid exposing non-smokers to secondhand smoke when smoking in parks or other open spaces.
Your understanding and cooperation in the protection of our patients is appreciated.
Use of mobile phones
Please set your mobile phone to silent while at the hospital.
- The use of mobile phones for email and other applications is allowed throughout the hospital except in some restricted areas.
- Please use your mobile phone with consideration in order not to disturb other patients.
Phone calls must be made within the designated areas.
- Mobile phone areas:
- Single/Private inpatient rooms
- Lobbies or elevator areas shown in the map on the right
- The use of cell phones is restricted in the following areas:
- –ICU, HCU, NICU
- –Emergency Department
- –Examination rooms
- –Rooms with specialized medical testing equipment
- –In the case of certain examinations and treatments, mobile phone use may be restricted even in places where it is usually permitted.
- –Please refrain from using pocket WiFi routers, as they may interfere with the hospital's medical information systems.
- –Please protect your personal devices as well as your data to avoid any damage, loss, or theft.
- –For the protection of patients' privacy, please refrain from taking pictures in the hospital.
- –Electric outlets are for hospital use only. Please do not use them to charge your devices.
Keio University Hospital, June 2014