Keio Professional Medical Unit established in response to critical shortage of Army physicians, producing 463 Army medics by 1951.
|1945||About sixty percent of campus buildings lost in an air raid on May 24.|
|1945||The Pacific War ends on August 15.|
Basic medicine classes move to the Musashino branch campus. (Until spring 1956)
Main Hospital Building completed. It is a two-story building with 153 beds, and one of the largest postwar wooden structures in Japan.
Dr. C.N.H. Long invited from Yale University, and a clinical pathological conference held.
|1950||Electron Microscope Laboratory established.|
Nursing School established.
The School of Medicine approved under the new educational system. The Keio Journal of Medicine launched.
|1952||Dr. Shibasaburo Kitasato Centennial
First Kitasato Prize awarded by Sanshikai.
|1955||Postwar education system established. The new system offers a 2-year premedical course and a 4-year specialized course.|
|1956||Doctoral program at the Graduate School of Medicine established.|
|1958||Keio University Centennial Ceremony held.|
|1961||Second Lecture Hall for Basic Medicine completed thanks to donations from the China Medical Board of New York.|
|1963||Hospital Central Wing completed.|