Billing & Payment
Calculation, billing, and payment of inpatient fees are as follows:
- –The Diagnosis Procedure Combination (DPC) system is used to calculate fees at Keio University Hospital.
- –In accordance with the Health Insurance Act, Hospital fees are charged per day, regardless of admission and discharge times.
- Diagnosis Procedure Combination (DPC)
Diagnosis Procedure Combination (DPC) is a classification system (established by the Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare) used to calculate inpatient fees (similar to the DRG system used in Medicare in the United States).
If your stay lasts several months, your classification category may change in accordance with your condition and the course of treatment.
In such cases, your fees will be recalculated from the date of admission, and the difference will either be charged or refunded upon discharge, or after the period to which the DPC system is applied has passed.
DPC-based fees are not applied to all patients. The fee-for-service system is also used either partially or entirely for cases not covered by the DPC system.
We cannot accept national health insurance issued outside of Japan. You will need to pay in full for all consultations, treatments, tests and prescriptions.
Inpatient Bill Payment
The previous month's bill will be issued in the middle of the month.
Please pay your bill within one week at the Inpatient Cashier or at an automated payment machine (open until 4:30p.m.)
Billing Upon Discharge
Hospital bills will be delivered to your room prior to your day of discharge. (Excluding pedatric patients)
- –Depending on time of discharge or current treatment status, the cashier may be unable to calculate your bill. In such cases you may be asked to make your payment on a later date.
- –Pediatric admission bills will be issued upon request.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
- Inpatient Cashier
- 8:40 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. on consultation days (except for non-consultation days)
- Reception Window 24
- Patients in Building 3 are asked to pay their bill at the 2nd floor reception counter.
- Please take your hospital card.
- If you are discharged on a non-consultation day, please visit Emergency Care Reception at Reception Window 15.
(Please note that debit cards cannot be used at this counter.)
Payment can be made by cash, credit card, and debit card (J-Debit, etc.).
Visa, MasterCard, JCB, Diners Club, American Express
Be sure to confirm your card's limit and expiration date.
- Building 3 patients can pay by credit card from their room.