When you are a Japanese health insurance holder, If your monthly medical expenses exceed a designated amount, the exceeding portion will be reimbursed.
- If medical care costs 1,000,000 yen, and 300,000 yen (30%) is to be paid by the patient at the hospital
The financial assistance brochure can be downloaded from the link on the right.
Eligibility Certificate for Ceiling-Amount Application
If you present an Eligibility Certificate for Ceiling-Amount Application along with your health insurance card to the cashier, you will only be required to pay your monthly out-of-pocket maximum.
|Recipient||Application||At the Hospital|
|Up to 70 years old
Over 70 years old (whose household is exempt from municipal tax)
|Please apply for an out-of-pocket maximum certificate from your health insurance provider.||Please present the certificate at Reception on the day of your visit or admission.|
|70 - 75 years old||N/A||Please present your National Health Elderly Recipient Certificate at Reception.|
|Over 75 years old (who household is not exempt from municipal tax)||N/A||Please present your NHI Latter-Stage Elderly Health Insurance card at Reception.|
- Please present your NHI Latter-Stage Elderly Health Insurance card at Reception.
- Medical care costs, out-of-pocket maximums and reimbursements are calculated for each department. Calculations are made according to the patient's status (inpatient or outpatient) and the type of service (medical or dental).
- Any fees not covered by health insurance, such as hospital bed charge or meal costs, are separate from the calculations mentioned above.
- All certificates mentioned above must be presented within the same month as treatment.
- Please present any certificates together with your health insurance card every month, making sure they have no expired.
- Questions concerning procedures at the hospital
- General Information / Reception Window 8 / Building 3 South (South Wing) 2nd Floor Reception
- Questions concerning billing and payments
- Outpatient Cashier (Reception Window 20)
/ Inpatient Cashier (Reception Window 24)